The office of MEP Tilly METZ is currently looking for a dedicated communications officer to join our team.
The Communications Officer will support our office by developing and implementing a communications strategy and by creating, editing and publishing content. The position also involves daily administrative tasks such as managing emails and the agenda, responding to inquiries from the public and media and organising events.
The ideal candidate has knowledge of European politics is able to think creatively, has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a great sense of responsibility and is able to work independently in German, French and English. The exact start date can be agreed upon jointly- ideally, you would be available to start on 01.09.2020.
- Write, edit and distribute website and social media content
- Draft press releases in cooperation with the staff in charge of the file
- Track and report media coverage and social media analytics
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database
- Daily monitoring of news and EU initiatives
- Develop and implement communications strategy
- Participate and contribute to relevant meetings such as the weekly communication meeting and working groups on specific campaigns
- Organise the mailbox and reply to emails, maintain the agenda up-to-date
- Respond to media inquiries and arrange interviews
- Organise events and organise mission related travels
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Politics or a related field
- Identification with the values and ideas of the Greens in the European Parliament
- Knowledge of European politics
- Strong sense of responsibility, resourceful and able to take initiative
- Motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content creation and content management systems and social media platforms
- Languages: English, French and German are required
- Knowledge of Luxembourg and Luxembourgish politics is considered a plus
We offer a full-time position, initially for 1 year with the intention to extend to an unlimited contract. You will work in a motivated team, in an intercultural, stimulating environment. Your main place of work will be Brussels, with occasional travels to Strasbourg or Luxembourg.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than July 10, 2020, indicating “APPLICATION COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER” in the subject line.